Tools for Success
CCSC believes that all people should have access to fulfilling work that allows them to meet their needs and achieve their dreams. Our employment programs meet participants where they are, equip them with tools for success, and provide ongoing support on their career journey.
Houston is an incredibly diverse city, and the employment needs of its residents are also highly diverse. We equip people with the communication skills, technology skills, and confidence necessary to obtain traditional employment, but we also have programs available to prepare people to thrive through self-employment. CCSC’s employment programs have carved out a unique niche in Houston by focusing on filling gaps in services in the community so that all people have access to personalized services and tools to reach their potential.
To realize our vision of access to fulfilling work for all, we operate three distinct employment programs. Link to more details about each program on its separate page.
JobNet is a job search assistance program that offers free skilled coaching, workshops and training for the job on a participant’s horizon. JobNet specializes in providing a continuum of computer training and tutoring, a top unmet need among our client population. JobNet also helps with resume writing, interview preparation, and other job search needs.
Martha’s Way is an entrepreneurial-focused vocational training program offered primarily in Spanish that prepares individuals to own and operate their own housekeeping business. We also provide job leads, continuing education opportunities, and other supports to graduates.
The Professional Home Caregiver Training Program equips people for a career assisting older adults and other populations with the activities of daily living. CCSC’s newest employment program, launched in 2020, draws on the success of Martha’s Way by including business development content in its curriculum. The 50+ hour training also covers relationship-building skills, technical skills, dementia, and more. CCSC continues to support participants after graduation as they find success in one of the fastest-growing fields in the Houston area.
CCSC also has dedicated coaches on its staff who work one-on-one with our participants to help them define their goals, connect with community resources, and receive ongoing support.
Please click on the underlined links for more detailed information about how you can get involved in any of these programs.
In 2021, CCSC equipped 567 unduplicated individuals with services to attain their career goals.
- 270 job seekers gained valuable skills through workshops, computer training and personalized coaching.
- 177 motivated entrepreneurs participated in the Martha’s Way training program for residential housekeeping and 90% graduated; 60% of 2019-2021 graduates reached during follow-up calls reported increasing their earned income by an average of $1,100 per month.
- 124 Martha’s Way graduates received job leads to help them grow their businesses.
- 20 professional caregivers received training and other supports to help them build their skills and achieve their goals.
- 103 individuals received coaching and connection to resources to help them attain their goals.