Christian Community Service Center (CCSC) is a well-established social service agency supported by 39 churches in central/southwest Houston. Our aim is to alleviate the effects of poverty. CCSC is committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment where all clients, volunteers, staff, and board members feel respected and valued regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation or identity, disability, education, or any other bias.
Part-time Major Gifts Officer
CCSC is seeking a part-time, 28 hours/week Major Gifts Officer who will be responsible for securing major gifts from individuals and foundations. As a key member of the Advancement Team, the Major Gifts Officer will work with the Chief Advancement Officer to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts and planned giving prospects and donors. The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for managing a portfolio of 80-100 donors who have the capacity to give annual gifts of $10,000+.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for and strength in building and maintaining relationships, excellent communication skills, an ability to work independently and collaboratively, and strong analytical and organizational skills.
- In collaboration with the Chief Advancement Officer, identify prospective donors to be assigned to the major gift portfolio.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward major and planned giving prospects and donors for the purpose of supporting CCSC operations and programs.
- Conduct a minimum of 125 substantive actions (including face-to-face visits) with portfolio prospects and donors each year.
- Participate in ongoing stewardship strategies via mail, phone, and email.
- Match each assigned donor’s capacity and interest with appropriate CCSC programs and priorities for annual and multi-year gifts.
- Attend CCSC events with the intent to build relationships with key CCSC donors.
- Consistently update the donor database with relevant reports on donor activity, and provides progress reports on a monthly and annual basis.
- Stay informed about CCSC programs and initiatives to ensure that meaningful cultivation and stewardship steps are taken to engage donors in the portfolio.
- Work closely with the Grants Manager, who supports the Major Gifts Officer with prospect research, grant proposals and reports for key major donor partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful applicants will have 3+ years of demonstrated success in managing a donor or sales portfolio, including achieving targets as part of a strategic plan; excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience in direct solicitation; knowledge or strong interest in principles of the donor cycle, donor stewardship and fundraising best practices; strong attention to detail and organizational skills; the ability to work in a collaborative environment with a variety of diverse stakeholders; the ability to manage multiple goals and objectives simultaneously; proficiency with technology, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with donor management software and a bachelor’s degree are strongly preferred.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with “Major Gifts Officer” in the subject line to: Lauren Niemeyer, Chief Advancement Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time Youth Services Manager
The Youth Services Manager is responsible for service delivery to clients through three programs: Back To School, Jingle Bell Express, and the Louise J. Moran Vision Care Program. This part-time position (28 hours/week) ensures the effective operation of seasonal efforts through special events, strategic partnerships, volunteer leadership, coordination of resources and materials, and collaboration with CCSC member churches.
• Oversee services designed to benefit youths and children; anticipate program-related needs, evaluate effectiveness and initiate improvements.
• Supervise one part-time Coordinator who oversees operations and outcomes for the Louise J. Moran Vision Care Program, including school partnerships, volunteer engagement and services at the UH University Eye Institute.
• Manage client registration processes and distribution events (Back To School and Jingle Bell Express) through volunteer engagement, host site coordination, networking with outside organizations and preparing supplies.
• Communicate the accomplishments, concerns and needs to supervisor and appropriate committee members.
• Maintain effective relationships with community partners and vendors; providing guidance, communicating expectations and managing contracts/memorandums of understanding.
• Lead volunteer committee chairpersons and members, providing team-building, support, special event planning and training. Ensure volunteers are informed of CCSC policies and procedures, mission goals, and expectations. Identify new ways to delegate activities to volunteers, building up volunteer leaders.
• Oversee program budgets, ordering and storage of supplies, and billing process, ensuring that resources are utilized effectively and program expenditures do not exceed board-approved amounts.
• In coordination with Communications Manager, prepare promotional materials for clients, volunteers and donors that engage each role. Contribute to social media content and agency publications.
• Maintain accurate and comprehensive program records and reports using client database and other tools.
• Collaborate with other CCSC programs to promote complementary services to clients.
• Attend CCSC Staff Meetings and Council of Church Representative meetings.
• Support and assist with CCSC projects—outside the Youth Services program area—as opportunities are presented.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Karen Holloman, Program Director-Basic Needs/Children: email@example.com