- Martha’s Way students are trained to provide estimates for housekeeping jobs after viewing the space they will clean. They are also trained to provide estimates based on the job to be completed rather than charging an hourly rate. This is standard practice in the industry.
- Frequently, housekeepers charge a higher price for an initial cleaning. Ongoing cleanings may cost less than the initial cleaning. You can discuss initial versus ongoing prices with your housekeeper.
- Martha’s Way graduates offer competitive rates for housekeeping services. There are many factors influencing the price of housekeeping services including the size of your home, number of occupants, presence of children and pets, quantity of furniture and other belongings, frequency of cleaning, and more.
- The majority of Martha’s Way graduates work as independent contractors. Their training includes information about filing taxes as a self-employed individual.
- Spanish is the first language of most of our graduates. Many are currently studying English. If you can give a limited English speaker a chance, it’s greatly appreciated. We do have graduates who are fluent in English as well.
- Martha’s Way includes instruction on professional communication and customer service. Many graduates that are referred to interested customers are new graduates. You may be their first customer.
- Many Martha’s Way graduates have previous experience and skills in housekeeping, cooking, childcare, caregiving and other fields.
- When you are satisfied with your housekeeper, he or she would likely love for you to share their information with your friends and neighbors. Referrals are our graduates’ #1 marketing tool!
Hiring a Martha’s Way graduate can help launch a successful small business and change the financial future of a family. Many customers work with the same Martha’s Way graduate for years. Thank you for considering a Martha’s Way graduate!